Warranty Information and Liability Disclaimer
Northern Lights Cedar Hot Tubs guarantees its cedar hot tub product from manufacturer defects for the period of 5 years from the date of purchase. This warranty is limited to the wooden hot tub staves, steel straps, seats, floor, and floor joists. Damage caused by drilling jet and other holes in the cedar is only covered if this was done by Northern Lights Cedar Hot Tubs. Customers, who choose to drill their own holes, do so at their own risk. cedar hot tubs.
Should our product be found defective, we will replace the board(s) free of charge. The customer will be responsible for providing the original invoice and digital photo showing damage.
Northern Lights may at their cost send an independent contractor to access the damages, and report as to the probable cause.
Any additional electrical and non-electric components other than the hot tub components listed above are covered by the original manufacture warranty which is typically two years (spa pack, pump) or less (1year for gas heater, topside panels, ozonator for example). See the Plumbing and Electrical Instructions. The warranty claim is made directly with the manufacturer of this component, and Northern Lights may act as an agent, but assumes no responsibility including shipping costs that may be incurred as a result of a failure, malfunction, or replacement during the warranty coverage period and thereafter.
Northern Lights Cedar Tubs does not cover, under warranty, defects caused by:
- Leaks as a result of not having followed our assembly instructions including not having used silicone caulking, or applied silicone caulking improperly or not having eliminated or substantially reduced a large gap.
- Leaks resulting from the customer performed assembly of the plumbing parts (improper gluing of PVC parts, for example).
- Minor leaks that may occur from time to time
- Damage of electrical equipment due to rain water spillage or flooding. Pumps and spa packs need protection, they are typically not weatherproof.
- Damage of electrical equipment due to improperly customer` performed installation, such as power terminals not being sufficiently tightened.
- Damage to the interior (such as fiber separation) due to overuse or improper use of chemicals, such as chlorine
- Damage resulting from water freezing no matter what led to the freezing.
- Damage resulting from drying out the tub.
- Damage from careless use or improper use.
- Damage caused by animals or insects (such as rodents, termites, etc.)
Northern Lights Cedar Tubs does not accept responsibility for personal or property damage including injury or death from the use of our product. The customer assumes all liabilities that are foreseen and unforeseen. In no event shall Northern Lights Cedar Tubs be liable for any direct, incidental, punitive, or consequential damage of any kind what so ever with respect to service, the materials and the products.
All products must be installed under the governing laws of the customer’s municipal, state and national building codes, including electrical hook up.
Any legal dispute regarding our product must be settled in the jurisdiction of the Province of Manitoba, Canada, under the governing Laws of this province.